Inventory Unit Detail
2017 Honda CBR500R
Discover How Good a 500 Can Be
If you’re looking for a streetbike that is the perfect combination of size, performance, versatility and price, Honda’s CBR500R is exactly where you want to be. It’s the perfect companion for a spirited trip down a winding canyon road. Discover what a great daily-riding bike it is too: commuting, errand running, weekend pleasure trips. Looking for a first bike that you won’t outgrow in a year? A 500 twin is about the best choice you can make there. Generations of riders have known it, and the CBR500R is the newest incarnation.
Its engine is powerful, smooth, and offers a wide powerband with plenty of revs. Twins are a great choice for most riders: Narrow and smooth, with a wide torque spread. With four-valve combustion chambers, twin overhead cams and fuel injection, the CBR500R can keep up with plenty of bigger sportbikes if you do your part. And it may even be more fun because it’s so light and responsive.
With just enough bodywork for some weather protection and style, plenty of more experienced riders have found it’s the perfect solution for them too. So go ahead—check one out. One ride will tell you that the CBR500R ticks off all the boxes in your “best of” category. What are you waiting for?
World-Championship Heritage: We’re not going to tell you that your new CBR500R can go up against MotoGP World Champion Marc Marquez’s Honda RC213V, but we will tell you that there’s plenty of technology proven on the track built into every Honda sportbike engine and chassis. And the CBR500R is no exception.
Plenty of Power: Choosing a 500 isn’t a compromise, especially when it’s an engine with as much development behind it as Honda’s parallel twins. Liquid-cooling, double-overhead cams and bulletproof reliability make this a great all-around powerplant for any kind of riding you have in mind.
Sporting Riding Position: The CBR500R offers a riding position that’s a touch more sporty but not too aggressive, whether you’re commuting or carving the canyons. You’re an active participant when riding a bike like this—and the rewards are guaranteed to put a smile in your helmet.
Accessorize Your Style: The CBR500R has a full line of available Honda Genuine Accessories including a sport screen, color-matched passenger seat cowl, and carbon-look accents. Check them out—after all, motorcycles are all about individuality!
- LED Headlights: The CBR500R sports a pair of powerful LED headlights. They’re small and light, throw out an amazing amount illumination, and feature a stylish shape. They completely change the CBR500R’s presence and give the front end a unique look.
- Digital Instrumentation: A full LCD screen features a digital speedometer and tachometer and more, including a clock, odometer, trip meter, real-time and average fuel consumption meters, and illuminated engine diagnostic indicators.
- Cast Wheels: Strong and stylish, the CBR500R’s aluminum 12-spoke cast wheels are easy to keep clean, look great, and are another feature that just makes sense.
- Supersport Styling: Take a close look. Like what you see? The CBR500R offers styling that keeps it right at the front of the pack in terms of eye-appeal. The aerodynamic bodywork also provides significant advantages in air management for added rider comfort, along with a low drag coefficient and effective cooling.
- Step Seat: The CBR500R offers a stepped two-piece seat with a low height. Perfect for around-town riding or winding roads, it also offers plenty of room for a passenger and is specially designed to fit a wide range of riders.
- Steel-Tube Frame: A motorcycle’s frame is the basis for its handling. A take on a classic construction, the CBR500R’s diamond-shaped 35mm steel-tube mainframe ties to the engine with four mounts, offering a rock-solid foundation for a superior ride and handling.
- DOHC Twin-Cylinder Engine: Honda twins are famous for their versatility, and the CBR500R engine is one of our best ever. Using the same piston bore size as our CBR600RR sportbike, the parallel-twin engine offers accessible performance across all RPM ranges.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: The CBR500R features special shock settings for improved ride comfort. Its sophisticated chassis uses Honda’s Pro-Link® rear suspension; the nine-stage preload and 4.7 inches of travel gives you a comfortable ride over small bumps, while capably absorbing bigger bumps to increase riding comfort and handling.
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS): Available ABS on the CBR500R helps you make confident stops under less-than-ideal conditions.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions, ensuring a crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding.
- Disc Brakes: The front 320mm wave-style disc brake and 240mm rear provide strong stopping power. The front-brake lever is also adjustable for a perfect fit.
- Stainless Steel Exhaust: Beautifully polished stainless steel exhaust is integrated with the rear footpeg set for clean, functional design. The exhaust tucks in tight for better mass centralization (and consequently better handling) while also providing a crisp exhaust note.
- Engine Type: 471cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 67.0 mm x 66.8 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI with 34 mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brake: Twin-piston caliper with single 320 mm wave disc
- Rear Brake: Single-caliper 240 mm wave disc
- Front Tire: 120/70-17
- Rear Tire: 160/60-17
- Rake: 25.5 deg.
- Trail: 102 mm (4.01 in.)
- Wheelbase: 55.5 in.
- Seat Height: 30.7 in.
- Curb Weight: 423.2 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.4 gal.
- Model ID: CBR500R
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Red, Black/Candy Orange
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- Bore and Stroke
- 67.0 mm x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with 34 mm throttle bodies
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Final Drive
- O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin-piston caliper with single 320 mm wave disc
- Rear Brakes
- Single-caliper 240 mm wave disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 55.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.7 in.
- 25.5 deg.
- 102 mm (4.01 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.4 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 423.2 lb.
- Red, Black/Candy Orange
- One Year transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.