Inventory Unit Detail
2013 Kawasaki KLR650
For the better part of the last decade, the KLR™650 has sat atop the industry sales charts in the dual-sport category, and for many very good reasons. Designed to be the adventurer’s tool of choice, this rugged motorcycle delivers fuel efficiency, cargo-carrying capabilities, effective wind protection and unbelievable value, so that adventurous riders need only pick their course and hit the road, or dirt, as the case may be.
• Ultimate on and off-road motorcycle is the best-selling dual-sport seven years in a row
• Durable 651cc single-cylinder engine produces smooth, user-friendly power
• Comfortable wind protection and 5.8-gallon fuel tank allows for long-range adventure touring
• Aluminum rear cargo rack provides plenty of space for luggage
• 41mm telescopic fork supplies all-day rider comfort
• Adjustable Uni-Trak® rear suspension offers a smooth, controlled ride
• Twin-piston front disc brake and single-piston rear disc brake furnish excellent stopping power
Long-distance-minded 651cc Four-stroke Single
• Cam timing and tuning combination aid in producing a broad, user-friendly powerband
• Smooth bends on the one-piece exhaust pipe permit exhaust efficiency at all rpm
• Light, silent cam chain contributes to a quieter engine
• Double engine balancer helps engine run smoothly from idle to redline for less fatigue on long rides
• Advanced piston ring design helps minimize oil consumption
• Oil-level window permits easy and accurate inspection
Four-valve Cylinder Head
• Compact combustion chamber allows increased compression ratio with less detonation yet provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
• Boosts low-end torque with sufficient power at all rpm
• Secondary air (ASV) system helps reduce harmful exhaust emissions
• Thin and lightweight Denso radiator fitted with a lightweight and thin cooling fan for maximum cooling efficiency, even at low speeds
• Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power during hard use
• Allows tighter engine clearances for quieter running
• Includes a temperature gauge
Fully Transistorized Ignition
• Fully transistorized ignition unit more precisely controls timing no matter how fast the rpm changes
• Long, trouble-free lifespan
• Easy and convenient starting
• Convenient location makes starting and warm-up easier
• The engine’s broad torque curve means only five speeds are needed for off-road sprinting and relaxed highway cruising
• O-ring drive chain for reduced maintenance and long chain service life
• Beefy, 41mm front fork with 7.9 inches of travel is rigid and plush enough to tackle on and off-road terrain and provide all-day comfort to the rider
• High-mounted front fender for any adventure-touring situation
• Rear Uni-Trak® suspension features a five-way preload shock absorber with four-way rebound damping and 7.3 inches of rear wheel travel
• Progressive rate provides a smooth, controlled ride
• D-section swingarm contributes to the bike’s excellent traction
• 4mm spokes provide wheel stiffness, further enhancing handling performance and improving steering response
• Semi-double cradle frame made of high-tech, round-section, high-tensile steel
• Detachable rear subframe provides access to the rear shock, airbox and carburetor for easy maintenance
• Large rear cargo rack included
• Protects engine from rocks and trail debris when the going gets tough
Front and Rear Disc Brakes
• Lightweight 280mm front and 240mm rear petal-style discs offer excellent braking
• Dual-bulb headlamp offers great night illumination
• Tail light, parking light and the high-mounted turn signals improve the KLR650’s visibility at night or in poor visibility conditions
Large 5.8-gallon Fuel Tank
• Generous capacity permits serious adventure touring
Additional Comfort and Touring Features
• Bodywork includes a large fairing for great wind protection
• Alternator output is 17 amps, with a total capacity of 36 watts to provide ample power for the headlight as well as add-on grip heaters and other accessories
• Easy-to-read instrument panel is mounted to the frame and includes a large-face speedometer, tachometer, odometer, trip meter and water temperature gauge
• Urethane seat foam offers all-day comfort for long-distance riding
• Optional extended warranty
- Engine: Four-stroke, DOHC, four-valve single
- Displacement: 651cc
- Bore x Stroke: 100.0 x 83.0mm
- Compression ratio: 9.8:1
- Cooling System: Liquid
- Carburetion: Keihin CVK40
- Ignition: Electric CDI
- Transmission: Five-speed
- Final drive: Chain
- Frame Type: Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
- Rake/Trail: 28 degrees / 4.4 in.
- Front suspension / wheel travel: 41mm telescopic fork / 7.9 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Uni-Trak® single-shock system with 5-way preload and stepless rebound damping / 7.3 in.
- Front Tire Size: 90/90x21
- Rear Tire Size: 130/80x17
- Front brakes / rear brakes: Single 280mm petal-type disc, two-piston caliper / Single 240mm disc, single-piston caliper
- Overall length: 90.4 in.
- Overall width: 37.8 in.
- Overall height: 53.1 in.
- Ground clearance: 8.3 in.
- Seat height: 35.0 in.
- Curb weight: 432 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 6.1 gal.
- Wheelbase: 58.3 in.
- Color Choices: Ebony, Pearl Solar Yellow, Candy Lime Green/Ebony
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
- Warranty: 12 Months
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke, DOHC, four-valve single
- Bore and Stroke
- 100.0 x 83.0mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Keihin CVK40
- Electric CDI
- Front Suspension
- 41mm telescopic fork / 7.9 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Uni-Trak® single-shock system with 5-way preload and stepless rebound damping / 7.3 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 280mm petal-type disc, two-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single 240mm disc, single-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 58.3 in.
- Seat Height
- 35.0 in.
- 28 deg.
- 4.4 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 6.1 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 432 lb.
- Final Drive
- Ebony, Pearl Solar Yellow, Candy Lime Green/Ebony
- 12 Months