Inventory Unit Detail
2013 Harley-Davidson® Softail Deluxe
Pure nostalgic beauty wrapped around completely modern power and performance.
- Twin Cam 103™ Engine Heritage: The knowledge of what makes an engine truly move a rider runs deep at The Motor Company, and it was put to good use when we created the Twin Cam 103™; engine. We sweated bullets perfecting every cubic inch, pushing design and technology forward. And we did it all without compromising one bit of Harley-Davidson's unique styling. Evolved, yet carrying on the legacy of the Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, Shovelhead, Evolution®, Twin Cam 88®; and Twin Cam 96™ engines that came before. The performance and durability are a direct result of the untold miles logged on the V-Twin since 1909, and the proud heritage that comes from a century's worth of commitment to life on two wheels.
- Twin Cam 103™ Engine Innovation: Fire up the Twin Cam 103™ engine and feel the low-end torque unleashed. Thanks to the lightweight piston design, delivery of the added power is more refined than ever. Then put your foot on the shifter and feel how the engine and Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission were designed to work together. Six speeds. A strong driveline and strong internal parts. Low routine maintenance. And a low cruising rpm couldn't feel better.
- Pure Harley-Davidson Styling: Feast your eyes on the Twin Cam 103™ engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Black powder-coated heads and cylinders are highlighted by machined cooling fin tips and chrome rocker covers. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers—the Twin Cam 103™ engine makes an ironclad statement about holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies.
- Six-Speed Cruise Drive®: You want a ride that rumbles—not begs for mercy—when you lean on it a little. The Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission provides smooth, quiet shifting and reduces engine speed on the highway, so you get a better match between engine turnover and road speed. It's a rare ride when a bike responds like this, and a low growl goes a long way when you're opening up the road ahead.
- Twin Cam 103™ Engine Power: Live your ride to the power of 103. The air cooled Twin Cam 103™ Harley Davidson® engine delivers more stump pulling torque, while its Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection jetting gives crisp, lively throttle reaction. It’s a performance punch that you’ll appreciate when passing, climbing hills, or rolling with luggage packed or a passenger in back—all under that signature Motor Company rumble. And it comes at lower cruising rpm, so you ride more smoothly, with less engine vibration and better highway fuel economy.
- Anti-Lock Brakes (Optional): When it comes to the Softail® Deluxe model with optional ABS, "stopping power" has a double meaning. The components of our ABS are tastefully hidden within the wheel hub, so you'll still turn heads with clean, streamlined design. More importantly, though, you get certainty in the saddle knowing your bike's going to behave when you need it. Offered as a part of the "Security Package" (which includes the H-D® Smart Security System).
- H-D® Smart Security System (Optional): The factory installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to details and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique. Offered as a part of the "Security Package" (which includes Anti-Lock Brakes).
- Artfully Hidden Technology: Harley-Davidson leverages the latest in technology without compromising style and function. That means we hide electronics. The whole wiring harness is skillfully routed behind the jewels of the bike—the tank, engine and all the other eye-popping features you want to see. It's just another way The Motor Company goes the extra mile to give its bikes that premium, top-of-the-line fit and finish.
- Intuitive Controls: Hand controls on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle are incredibly intuitive. The turn signals are self-canceling and, based on the speed and angle of the motorcycle, they know how long to stay on. Engaging the controls quickly becomes second nature so you can focus less on turning off your signal and more on basking in the freedom of the ride.
- Dunlop® Tires: Whether you're crossing state lines or staying within city limits, you want a confident feeling of sure contact with the road. The front end holds a premium touring tire with a three-ply polyester casing and two fiberglass belts. The back cruiser tire has an advanced tread pattern. Made from a specifically formulated compound, it delivers outstanding grip in wet or dry weather. And since they're from Dunlop®, you know you're wrapping your premium rollers in quality rubber.
- Tuned to Be Ridden: Harley-Davidson® motorcycles are different from any other bike out on the road. There's a balance to them. The steering, the maneuverability—it's all in concert. And each Harley-Davidson® model is tuned differently to create a unique riding experience for each individual no matter which bike they swing their leg over. Let's face it, we didn't get to where we are by being like everyone else.
- Pull-back Handlebar: Practically begging you to reach out and grab your freedom, these bars offer confidence-inspiring easy-reach ergonomics for new riders and easy-rider comfort for road-hardened warriors, with a chrome pullback riser that gets the grip even closer and gives the front end a dynamic aerodynamic contour.
- Low Seat with Slimmed Sides: Hit the boulevard in style with this classic Softail® two-up seat. At a lowdown 24.5 inches, it's among the most slammed seats you'll find. And we've added some ergos to make riding solo or duo even easier, especially for riders with a shorter inseam. "Collapsing" sides create a narrow seat profile, and the passenger seat pillion is detachable. Just ditch it for stripped-back, solo riding. Or leave it on and bring your better half along for the ride.
- Full-Length Rider Footboards: Your boots were made for riding, in any way you see fit. Our full-length footboards boast a tried and true design that's stood the test of time. Plenty of foot positions for your taste and comfort. Rubber vibration isolation for a comfortable ride. And heel-toe shifting for confident shifting every time. It takes a few rides, but once you've gotten used to the smooth heel-toe rhythm, you'll never give it up. The toes of your boots won't take the same beating, either.
- Engine Idle Temperature Management Strategy: Our motorcycles are built to be ridden. A lot. So that means that rider comfort is top of mind. Always. With the Engine Idle Temperature Management Strategy (EITMS) feature, the motorcycle automatically cuts fuel and fire from rear cylinder when idling, which helps reduce engine heat felt by rider and passenger. This feature can easily be turned on by your dealer.
- Seat Engineering and Design: The seat is home for Harley-Davidson® motorcycle riders. They want a seat that has unique style without sacrificing comfort. Because of that, Harley-Davidson invests a lot of time in researching, designing and testing seats so that every bike has just the right saddle.
- Length: 94.7 in. (2,405 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 24.5 in. (622 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 25.9 in. (658 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.8 in. (122 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 32.1
- Trail: 5.8 in. (147 mm)
- Wheelbase: 64.5 in. (1,638 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: MT90-16 72H
- Tires, Rear Specification: MU85B16 77H
- Fuel Capacity: 5 gal. (18.9 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 3.5 qt. (3.3 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 690 lb. (313 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 728 lb. (330 kg )
- Engine: Air-cooled, Twin Cam 103B™
- Bore: 3.875 in. (98.4 mm)
- Stroke: 4.38 in. (111.1 mm)
- Displacement: 103 cu.in. (1,690 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/46 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.311
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.454
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.793
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 3.882
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.307
- Gear Ratios (overall) 6th: 2.79
- Exhaust: Chrome, straight over/under shotgun exhaust with dual tapered mufflers
- Wheels, Optional Style Type: Chrome, Tubeless Profile Laced Aluminum
- Wheels, Front Type: Steel Laced
- Wheels, Rear Type: Steel Laced
- Brakes, Caliper Type: 4-piston front and 2-piston rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 98.7 ft-lb (134 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3,000
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 25.8
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 26.7
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 42 mpg
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, security system (optional), 6-speed, low fuel warnings
- Gauges: Tank-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, RPM/gear display, fuel gauge with low fuel warning light and countdown feature, low oil pressure indicator light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights, 6-speed indicator light
- Old-School "Hardtail" Look: The Softail® Deluxe model keeps it classy while bringing some fat custom style of its own. Just check out the chopsticks up front—fat front fork behind the huge, 7-inch ball headlamp. The handlebars are thick stainless steel with chrome pullback risers for easy reaching. It's old-school Softail style that's still fat and formidable up front.
- Stretched Old-School Fenders: These vintage, full fenders do a lot more than keep the mud off your neck. They give your Deluxe its distinctive Softail lines and cruising profile. You get tasty chrome front and back fender tips, tapered chrome struts in back and a big canvas for custom paint. And plenty of room to personalize further with your own custom rails, skirts and tips.
- Whitewall Tires: One of the defining styling features of the Softail® Deluxe model is the nostalgic wide whitewall tires with premium laced wheels. A nod to the ‘50s boulevard look, these fat rubber rollers are just the right throwback detail from Harley-Davidson that ups the ante in any scene. Total old-school styling without sacrificing handling or performance.
- Tombstone Taillight: A vintage classic. The chrome, low profile taillight housing lays back against the fender but shines with Harley-Davidson history. Flanked by our sleek silver bullet turn signals, that glowing red gravestone is the last thing they'll see as you pull away into the night.
- Tank-Mounted Console: A big, bold speedometer and odometer display, along with an ancillary display for gear and rpm, offer up the information you need on the fly.
- Hidden Rear Shocks: If you want a comfortable bike but love that rigid-suspension look, you've come to the right bike. We've kept all the modern comforts where they belong—below the surface of a rad, vintage-looking bike. You get the classic lines of a vintage "hardtail" frame with the horizontal rear shocks hidden in the guts. It's a signature rigid look, and you'll only find it on a Softail® model.
- Luggage Rack: Exclusive to the Softail® Deluxe model and snaking directly off the back of the passenger pillion, the simple luggage rack is the perfect marriage of form and function. It's minimal in design but extremely useful on the road; it holds your most precious small carry-alongs and adds another gleam of chrome for good measure.
- Premium Paint: Up to two times thicker than the competition, custom quality paint comes standard on all Harley-Davidson® motorcycles. Clearcoat layering up to five mils deep. Bigger metal flakes. Unique effects. Skimping simply is not in our vocabulary.
- Hand Finished Fuel Tank: All Harley-Davidson® fuel tanks are finished by hand—that's what makes them stand out from the competition. Their seamless design and unmatched style are unique among all motorcycles on the road. The tanks are one of the first and last things people notice when they lay their eyes on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle—so we make it worth their time.
NOTES:Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2. Fuel Economy estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary. Engine torque values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren. Seat Height measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
- Engine Type
- Twin Cam 103B™
- 103 cu.in. (1,690 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.875 in. (98.4 mm) x 4.38 in. (111.1 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- MT90-16 72H
- Rear Tire
- MU85B16 77H
- 64.5 in. (1,638 mm)
- 32.1 deg.
- 5.8 in. (147 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5 gal. (18.9 L)
- 42 mpg
- Dry Weight
- 690 lb. (313 kg)
- Vivid Black